Saturday, December 23, 2006

Roasted Veggies by Maaka

This works for cauliflower, as well as a mixture of veggies -- which I prefer -- like baby carrots, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, onions, red bell peppers, etc., along with cauliflower.

Mix together:

1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper

Cut veggies into bite-sized pieces, place in one layer in an old cake pan (9x13), drizzle with the oil mixture. Broil for 10 minutes, stir, then broil 10 more minutes. It may take longer, depending how crispy and brown you like your edges.

You know what's really good? I know because I did this last night! I cooked up a big pot of brown rice, and then I stirred in the roasted veggies, added more of the olive oil/balsamic mixture, salted the heck out of it, and served it as a one-dish dinner. Delicious.

No comments: