Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chicken for Chicken Salad by bookseller

So I had four chicken thighs and I wanted to make chicken salad from them, and I also had a couple cartons of organic chicken broth. Put the thighs in a pan, covered them with chicken broth and NOTHING else, brought them to a simmer and held them there for three minutes, kicked it up to a boil, slapped a cover on, turned off the heat, and let them sit for 45 minutes. The result: PERFECTLY poached chicken, moist and juicy, ideal for chicken salad. And what's really interesting to me is how flavorful the chicken is, as though I had spiced the broth. And the broth, too, is terrific. Straight out of the carton, it's bland and dull, but now infused with double-chickaliciousness, it's something I would actually choose to eat as soup.

[Later]
Nomming my chicken salad, and I will never cook chicken -- for salad -- any other way again. This is amazing. I recommend highly.

No comments: