Saturday, January 21, 2012

Italian Stir-Fry of Beef and Cherry Tomatoes by Sicut Cervus

I'm oh so pleased that you are intrigued by the fusion experiments. Last night's involved beef and cherry tomatoes, stir-fried in "Italian bread dipping sauce" -- olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs -- and finished with some leftover orange-ginger sauce that is Chinese and does have soy sauce in it (don't remember where I got the recipe for it but it's excellent), plus white wine. Served over wild-rice-from-a-box (we all have our shortcuts, now don't we?) and steamed broccoli (with butter of course) on the side. It would have been even better if I'd marinated the meat beforehand in the bread-dipping sauce, but I tend not to think of that sort of thing until it's too late.

Then I stuck all the bones and trimmed fat from the beef (we've been eating off this one hunk of cheap steak for three days) in the oven and roasted them down, and made some stock with what I managed to keep from eating of the roasted bones and crackling. So that, with a few days' leftovers, will be soup sometime next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haѵe you ever thought about adding a lіttle bit more than
ϳust yоur artісleѕ? I meаn, what yоu sаy is impοrtant and еverythіng.

But think аbout if уou added ѕomе great visuals oг viԁеo clips to give your poѕts mοre, "pop"!
Yоur contеnt is еxcellent but with images аnd video clips, this websіtе сould ceгtainly be
one οf thе moѕt beneficіal іn іts
niche. Aωesome blog!

Visіt my wеb-site :: resіstor гesiѕtancе - -