Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gingery Pork by Sicut Cervus

I've been experimenting with Chinese / Northern Italian fusion, using stir-fry techniques and cornstarch as a thickener, and spices like ginger and cayenne, but leaving out the soy (which my husband and I are not all that fond of) and adding things like artichoke hearts and rosemary that are my vernacular. I've had some dandy results, including this evening.

Here's one of them, for a gingery pork, that I made up about six weeks ago and had the presence of mind to write down.

Cut up 2 pork chops into bite-size pieces. Dredge in cornstarch seasoned with salt, pepper and basil.

Chop fine: 2 t. garlic and 2 t. ginger root

Get ready in small dishes, cut up for stir frying:

2 stalks celery (yeah I know you hate it)
6 baby bella mushrooms
3/4 c. snap peas
4 oz. fresh spinach

Mix up a sauce of 3/4 c. white wine, 2 T. vinegar, 2 t. sugar and set aside.

Sauté meat in olive oil. When nicely browned, add garlic and ginger, then celery, then mushrooms, then snap peas, then spinach. When vegetables have wilted, add sauce, stir and serve immediately with rice or over pasta.

No comments: