Friday, June 20, 2008

Lamb by Vinca Minor

I make curried lamb with fruit (you can use the same recipe you'd use for chicken curry, going for max intensity on the spices, then add apples, peaches, raisins and pineapples), served over rice. I also like Greek varieties of lamb dishes. An easy roast lamb which is also good on the barbecue is sprinkled with salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and lemon pepper. I don't trim the fat at all before cooking. It crisps up nicely and unbrowned excess can be trimmed off easily after cooking if you prefer. If I'm roasting it I put it over carrots, potatoes and onions in chicken broth. I prefer medium rare lamb but RB like his well done. If I'm favoring his tastes I'll cook until the lamb is well done but tender and make a luscious brown gravy out of the pan juices.

No comments: