Friday, May 9, 2008

Thoughts on Parmesan-Crusted Chicken by Aquarius

I find a 100% parmesan crust to be a little tricky to execute without burning the cheese or undercooking the chicken; also, I think the flavor is a little overpowering.

My recommendation would be to mix regular or, better yet, panko breadcrumbs at about a 3:2 ratio with grated parmesan, throw in a pinch of salt, some ground black pepper, and possibly some oregano, and then do a classic 1-2-3 dredging with the chicken breasts (1. coat in flour, shake well; 2. dip in a beaten egg thinned with a bit of water; 3. coat with breadcrumbs). Then I'd pan-fry 'em up over medium heat and enjoy. Heat up a little marinara sauce, boil up some spaghetti, and serve the whole shebang together, and you've got a quick chicken parmesan.

My other tip would be to pound the chicken breasts a little flatter than they're naturally inclined to be before coating them, so that they cook evenly on your stovetop.

No comments: