Friday, January 5, 2007

Yellow Curry with Kale and Cauliflower by ivy, inspired by Aquarius's roast kale

What I did was thus: start brown rice, wash and chop the kale and cauliflower, coat both with olive oil and S&P, put in pan (normally would add chopped garlic but horrors, I was out; however the curry paste has garlic).

Roasted both at 425, took out kale first. I made the sauce from yellow curry paste and a can of coconut milk, stirring and bringing to boil. You can find (I hope) packets or tubs of green, yellow, red, etc. curry paste in a store that sells Asian foods. I've made my own curry paste and it's not that hard but this time, no.


Forgot important detail: I also used sliced baby carrots. As an experiment I roasted some and cooked the rest in the sauce. Both were good, but the ones in the sauce are yummier the next day.

No comments: