Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken Livers with Onion and Bacon by liz_isabella

I was actually really chuffed with how easy it was to do the livers, you should definitely give it a try.

I grilled some bacon before hand and set it aside.

Then I chopped up an onion, and chopped some garlic, and set that to fry. Once the onions started to change colour I added the chicken livers (I had drained them and rinsed them a bit before hand, because they can be quite mucky). Keep gently frying them until they're brown on the outside and a little pink on the inside. Their texture will change a little, and get a bit smoother.

Get some potatoes on the boil, then mash them up. Put that on a plate and then pop the cooked livers and onion on top. Add the bacon. Then put a couple of spoons of red wine and some nice balsamic vinegar into the still warm pan and swirl it around to get some of the bits out, pour that out over the livers and mash, Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, dinner.

It only took me about 15/20 minutes. Yummy.

No comments: