Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Zucchini with Orzo and Feta by Tonstant Weader

...a suggestion for your 3 pounds of zucchini. Grate it as you would cheese (I'd do probably 2 large or 3 smaller squash for a single batch of this), then saute the grated squash with garlic and olive oil for about 5-7 minutes, until it's nearly translucent. Then toss it with orzo, as much feta cheese as you like (for me, this means "a lot"), and whatever tomatoes (diced) you likely also have sitting around this time of year; and serve it warm.

I've found the grated-and-sauted squash also stores well and makes a good addition to pasta sauce, casseroles, etc, so I sometimes make more than I need for this recipe alone. The basic idea of the recipe came from Barbara Kingsolver's book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, but I've made it many times with whatever cheese/pasta/other veggies I have handy.

No comments: